Here’s a snapshot of how we chose the best fabrics and materials available:
98% of our current products are Bluesign® and/or Oeko-Tex®
Standard 100 certified. This means that they meet or exceed the strictest guidelines to keep harmful chemicals & dyes out of waterways and away from your skin. The auditing process for these certifications covers raw materials all the way to finished fabric.
70% of our products are made with recycled polyester. This cuts the need for harvesting raw materials, keeps trash out of landfills and means we use less overall resources to make our products. Our recycled polyester fabrics are Global Recycled Standard (GRS) certified and some are made from REPREVE® yarns derived directly from recycled plastic bottles.
Our wool products are Responsible Wool Standard® (RWS) certified. This means virgin wool comes from farms with a progressive approach to managing their land and from sheep that have been treated well.
We craft products with Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified organic cotton. This cotton is grown by certified organic growers and processed according to organic textile guidelines.
When it comes to labels and packaging we are using paper that is made from post-consumer waste or is Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC) certified. This means no clear-cutting of forests, illegal harvesting or interfering with indigenous peoples’ resource rights.
Reuse, Reduce, Recycle
Did you know that typical shipping and warehouse processes create a lot of waste?
In many warehouses product is received from the factory in shipping boxes that don’t fit the shelves. This requires warehouse staff to unpack all the product and place it in new boxes to maximize shelf space.
Through collaboration with our factory and warehouse partners, we changed our shipping method reducing our waste by using box sizes that allows our warehouse to repurpose.
We’re introducing functional materials made from Hemp, Recycled Polyester, Organic Fair Trade Cotton and Tencel.
- Hemp is naturally grown, making it biodegradable. It’s a strong and durable fiber, more than 3x the strength of cotton. Requires half the amount of water to grow as cotton. Absorbent, Regenerative and leaves topsoil in great condition. Doesn’t require pesticides or herbicides.
- Unifi REPREVE® Recycled Polyester yarns that’s derived from recycled plastic bottles
- Organic / Fair Trade Cotton is grown without pesticides or herbicides. This minimizes human exposure to harmful chemicals and protects sensitive water sources.
- Tencel™ Lyocell is a man-made fiber made from natural resources. It’s biodegradable, uses less water to produce than cotton and can be recycled.
Responsible Trims & Packaging
We have partnered with a Bluesign® certified trim supplier.
- To ensure that our buttons, pulls, zippers, etc. will be produced without the use of dangerous chemicals or substances. This preserves our waterways and keeps toxins out of your closet.
- To eliminate 70% of plastics from shipping and in our supply chain by the end of 2023.